Friday 28 August 2020

DFI 6 Enabling Access

 Google Sites - Enabling Access

Connected - Dorothy Burt

Importance of connecting and checking Well Being for Effective Teaching and Accelerated Learning.

 AKO - Learn Create Share (We know how to do this).

Blog Posts

Twitter


Toolkits Online - I enjoyed and found the one I did with Latham last night about Writing and Avatars very practical and definitely will have a go at it next week once I'm back in my class!


Leading Learning using Google Sites - Why?? - Maria

Visible Learning - Accelerating the learning - Role of the teacher - Rewindable Learning
Acceleration -

Everything needs to be on the site.
Visual Appeal. 

Evaluate Sites based on Visual Appeal (Shop Window) and Site Functionality (Easy to find stuff).
It was great to be able to view a number of Junior School sites and the different ways teachers organise them. I have been able to take lots away from them and to think about how I want and don't want our site to look like. One thing I have become aware of is that since our Lockdown days our site has become a little impersonal so my goals for today were to input more of Room 4 into it! I started with a photo and blurb about myself and have been adding visuals and commentary about and for the students.
Some great advice from my group about setting up the site that I will take on board also - use of audio on the site to complement the written messages, Dropdowns of the weeks to fall from recent to oldest (rather than oldest to recent as I currently have it!).


A great day of reflecting and learning and seeing things through fresh eyes!

Blog Spam
***Rewind the information on this ***



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.