Friday 21 August 2020

DFI 5 Collaborate - Sites

 Collaborate - Sites

Connecting with Manaiakalani (Dorothy Burt) - Making teaching and learning visible for teachers, colleagues, learners and whanau.

Fail and Success - due to knowing what teacher wants? Can read their mind? Cultural Capital


Visibility facing the learner AND the teacher facing visibility - Google Class Sites - everything available to everyone. 

Blogs - students, teachers, principals make learning visible through this format.

Hapara - Parent Portal

Multi Modal Sites (Kerry)

Class site delivering communication from one person to another in many forms so that there is a form that suits everyone. Different people prefer different modes. Inclusive for everyone - differentiated so students can work at their own pace at different times.

Engagement - Personalising - Acceleration of student outcomes - Empowerment and confidence.

Class Site - Home Page needs to be WOW!! Multi textural design - rich resources. Behavioural and cognitive engagement. Choice and Collaboration are important.

T shaped learning. Wide and Deep literacy. Eyes on text. 

Hapara Hot Tips - Dorothy

Sharing Tab - Filing work in correct folders or no work? Children don't make their own folders - Admin for our Hapara has to do this.


Multimodal Learning Sites

I have a current Class Site https://sites.google.com/makauri.school.nz/room42020/home and I love using it within the classroom. It has been continually evolving throughout the year as I have learnt how to do new things and how I want to organise information.

Vicki - Folder with all our content for our site with right settings. 2020 Folder.

***Buttons*** have a go at making some.

 
 Use Google Drawing to make exciting buttons/themes.

***I had a go at making a Button for my current site but was unable to add a link  - will experiment some more with this, as this would be a great addition to what I already have. ***

Multi Text Data Base - Dorothy

T Shaped Literacy. Woolf fisher Research Centre.

Context - then identify the main text for children to read (Deep) then go wide to supply a range of texts for engagement - need a variety of texts. Complimentary Text, Main Text, Supporting/Scaffolding Texts, then finding a text that is harder and is going to cognitively stretch and challenge the students. When do students choose the text?

Collaboration of a Database.


Nicola and Super Heroes

Jamboard - A white board for brainstorming.

The Super Hero Site I have started to create - 

https://sites.google.com/makauri.school.nz/super-heroes/home

Today was an awesome session!! Creating was fun and I can see how I will continue to use Google Sites as my classroom Web Page. Learning a few more tips and tricks was great and I will definitely do a Super Hero Unit with my class! Yay!!

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Anne,
    I can hear the excitement in your writing! Love the Super Hero site.
    I have asked for access to one of the site docs. You will need to change the sharing settings to "anyone with the link can view". I can help with this when I am in class neext.
    -Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.