Friday 7 August 2020

DFI 3 Media again...

Our learning today was about Media...


Hapara Hot Tips - Teacher Dashboard

- On Landing Page see the Groups button (top right) Items button to see one or many items of child's work. Sort button to organise Priority Learners.

Explore Home Pane.

I am not yet using this in my classroom, but have seen how my Manaikalani facilitator has set it up for my class. I can see how this is a very valuable tool to have in a classroom setting.


Deb talked about making sure we use the tool to take names off the screen when in a Google Meet when taking screen shots - especially of the children.


* The Manaiakalani Pedagogy: Learn Create Share

Dorothy talked about Create being all about "The Hook" and engaging our students.

Creativity helps students be good problem solvers, communicators and collaborators.
Importance of continuing with creativity from Kindy - Tertiary and making learning more interesting/exciting by creating.
Manaiakalani Pedagogy sits perfectly with Play Based Learning Philosophy. Will definitely ponder the amount of 'Create' time my children have during the day across the curriculum areas!


* Vicki talked about Youtube Channels and Playlists.
Students must be 13 years or older.
Videos set as Unlisted and turn Comments off.
Setting up - Go to New Account for a Youtube Channel, create a channel, choose account type, change settings - click onto youtube studio, gear cog on left hand side go to channel space and advanced sttings, content for kids, upload defaults, select inlisted on visibility, advanced settings disables comments and save this. Click onto acc in top left hand corner.
Channel status and features to verify account. Share through Google Drive.

Playlists of videos can be shared and embedded to collate wanted videos.
See rewindable links on page to review this.
My Youtube Channel and Playlists - I have set this up but don't think I will use it at this stage.

* Media with Dorothy 
SISOMO - sight, sound and motion - entertained and informed created by Sacchi and Sacchi
To capture people this is what's neeeded.
Examples -
DIY filmmaking                    Film Festival                School TV            Live Streaming
- get Tripod                                                                                              - use a drone
- phone landscape when filming                                                               - Google Meet
- WEvideo (See Cheryl)                                                                           - eg Sports events

Chroma Key - Green screen (paint and carpet availabe to take the green out)
Pod Casting - See tips slide
IPads recording use 'Garage Band'
Screen Castify
Not an area I have been involved in up to now. But am now very conscious of the SISOMO idea and engagement in children's learning so will look into this...

* Google Draw (Venessa) named 'Google Drawings'
Set page size in File
Set background colour with right click
Use guides to help you space out your picture
Add Image - get png image so no background
Format options to change if needed
Crop using drop down feature to change shape
To share - download as a png can now share anywhere
               - embed by publish to the web put into html make sure have put it into 2020 folder so sharing                   sorted

I joined Kelsey's group to use Google Drawing and was frustrated with the lines everywhere when using the Curve line and poyline. Great that other people had the same problems and asked about it!! Great tools - but I will need lots of practise at this to be efficient and for me to use often!
However, I have managed to change my previous Profile on my Blog to today's more professional one! Thankful for the template and step by step directions to make this happen!
 (I will need to learn how to resize images from my laptop!!)

* Google Slides - Maria
Movement, Sight, Sound make them more engaging.
Keeping them consistent - fonts, colours, theme etc so viewers aren't distracted.
A very useful Google feature that I use lots for planning and organisation within my classroom. 
I also find it easy to insert Slides of examples of work into my classroom blog, this means if I want to add more work I can do so even after it's in the blog. I also used Google Slides lots during Lockdown to record work to upload onto my Classroom Sites Web page. Will continue to use these regularly!!

* Planning with Slides - Kelsey
We learnt to put audio on a slide. Definitely something I'll use to add to my repertoire of Slide features when using these!!


Blogger Settings
***Go back and check this out***



2 comments:

  1. Anne,
    wow! such a lot of learning in this DFI session. I can see that it has opened up some possibilities for you. Slides sure a versatile app and can be used in many ways. Loved the Fairy Tale slide with audio!
    Love the Profile! It sure looks very professional. Ka pai to mahi!
    -Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.