Thursday 12 March 2020

DFI - Workflow

Hangouts/Google Meet
Today I learnt to chat and view through Hangouts. We tried to use Hangouts to record ourselves discussing some Manaiakalani Summer learning. I have set up a Hangout with a colleague for next week.
Lenva Shearing discussed some Manaiakalani Pedagogy  Again the inclusiveness of Learn, Create, Share was emphasised
as was that this is a Learning Journey for us as teachers as well as for our students. The level of engagement with the use of Digital Fluency and Digital Devices is accelerating our students' learning. RATE - Recognize, Amplify, Turbocharge and Effective Practise are key elements. 
Using Google Hangouts could become a great way of me keeping in touch with my adult children who are overseas or my granddaughter who lives locally that helps me out with techie things.

Google Keep
This is how to file and store Google information. It is a quick way to access information that may be archived or just in my drive. By using a Title, Tabs and Labels it is easily accessible. I will Rewind the Learning with this in order to attempt to file and store both professional and personal information in a way that is easily accessible.

Managing our Email
By adding Tabs to the top of my Gmail page I am now organising my mail into categories and can readily see if there is any unopened mail. I had been missing some G mails because some mail had been going to Forums which was not visible from my G mail page when initially opened, so was not aware of these G mails.

Organising our Tabs
I can see this will be a beneficial tool to manage all the open tabs I have. This is something I will need to Rewind the Learning to remind myself what to do. 

Google Calendar
I have had one of these all year but have not been accessing it because there was nothing on it!
Dah!!!
After ticking my name I have now discovered I have a current up to date calendar that I can use on a daily basis to stay informed of my school events! I have also included the School Calendar and the Release Calendar so am able to follow current school events. I have already accessed this calendar to plan and invite colleagues to events in the next week. I can see it will become a valuable tool in not only keeping up to date and informed, but also an easy way to communicate information with other colleagues.










2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Anne,
    Yes! Getting efficient using tools effectively. Go you. I'm glad you can see the possibilities with calendars. I look forward to seeing where you get to.
    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Anne,
    I know how you feel about being organised with tabs and apps like Keep. It is a life saver.
    Hangouts might become very important to us in the close future with #remotelearning a possibility.
    It was great working with you in day #2.
    Mā te wā
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.