Thursday 5 March 2020

DFI Poster


Digital Fluency Intensive - Core Business
A great day spent getting to know new people and learning new skills.
Today I made an Autumn Planning Poster for my class using the skills I have learnt when using Google Docs. The poster was made by setting up a page, sizing it, and colouring the background before adding a table, locating images and adding text. Lastly I was able to remove the black cell lines by colouring them in.
I learnt about the function of Explore to add images and information.
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTqTeqYQEc8nQcpzE__Eb5Tp14-6fMfCWq-V-11svUdOOgcKV1_LZUbTDQmYaUxSKacrStx-JGJ5AAd/pub?embedded=true"></iframe>

Earlier in the day I learnt how to set up a google doc to include paragraphs with titles and a contents page. We also learnt how to format text we were copying. It was great to work cooperatively and collaboratively with Rachel to keep up with the information we were learning and to practise the skills we were learning.
I can see myself using the google poster using a table to create lots of pages in my classroom including poems, newsletters and children's published writing.
We learnt about google groups - I probably won't use them at this stage, but can see how useful they may be in the future for communicating with staff groups, parents or other groups.
Voice recording is something I have heard about before but not something I have used. I can see this could be very useful for reluctant writers, or for when publishing a lot of childrens' writing.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Anne,
    how exciting to read about the start of your DFI adventure. I loved DFI when I did it last year and I learned so much.
    How great that you can already see the application of what you learnt today into your classroom. Can't wait to see them up on the walls of Room 4.
    I see your code for embedding a doc in the middle of your post. I can help you to edit that when I am with you next week so we can view your creation. Would love to see what you did.
    I look forward to following you over the next 8 weeks as you continue this intense series of leanring session.
    Mā te wā
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.