Thursday 19 March 2020

DFI 3- Media

Create

Today the Pedagogy discussion was about Create. We google chatted with Anne Sinclair and heard about the value of an Integrated Curriculum with a Play component. Student Voice on what doing is an important factor and shows real possiblities for Online learning. My focus back in the classroom will be to ensure their is plenty of CREATE time!

With Kent Somerville Pt England School (Deep Dive) we looked at Live Stream - taking kids' sharing to the next level - if it's worth learning it's worth sharing - life stream it. This is something I'll need to revisit, but can see the benefit both personally and professionally. 

However the use of a Youtube Channel/Playlist will be something I will continue with and can see myself using on a daily basis - both in the classroom and professionally AND personally. An efficient way to store, organise and access clips that I'm interested in. I have started a Playlist for Maths and Just Dance clips.- Awesome Awesome Awesome 

Youtube Drawing with Amy Williams was also awesome, awesome, awesome! We completed an About Me Google Drawing for our Blog Page. 

Maria introduced us to Google Slides and the multitude of issues. Maria discussed the value of Clean slides, using own images, SISOMO - Sight Sound Motion to make connections - less is more eg images, consistent format, enable access to learning (very relevant as we head into the unknown) eg Reading groups planning and activities - visuals from book/texts - engage learners in independent activities with animaton - multiple applications for other areas of curriculum eg science
Context to use - Planning, Explaining concepts for maths etc. I can see the benefits of Google slides and have already used them in a limited way and have used Powerpoint in the past. But it was great to see all the other functions they can be used with Slides.

I used Google Drawing also, to Create a picture with links suitable for Home Learning. I can see that if it comes to it and we have to distance teach this will be a valuable way to initiate thinking, deliver factual content and hook students into learning in a digital way.

Create - I used Google slides to create a Visual Pepeha that I willcontinue with and add audio to at a later date. It was great to have models to view, but also link the digital learning to other learning that I have been wanting to complete.

Today has been the most fun day yet! I am getting more and more confident to have a go, and surprise myself with some of the lingo I hear myself using. The practical implications of today's learning is very exciting!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.